Early Offense Gives Unicorns Win over Mammoths, 8-5
June 15th, 2018
UTICA, Mich. – Carter Grote led the offensive charge going 3-for-4, with a three-run home run and Christ Conley went 2-for-3 with two doubles in his United Shore Professional Baseball League debut to lead the Utica Unicorns (7-9) to a 8-5 victory over the Westside Woolly Mammoths (7-6) on Friday night at Jimmy John’s Field.
Right-handed pitcher Kyle Olliges threw 4.0 scoreless innings, giving up zero runs and struck out two in the win. RHP Will Marshall threw well in relief, tossing 2.1 scoreless innings and struck out one.
The Unicorns scored eight runs, on 12 hits and committed one error, while the Mammoths scored five runs, four runs and had one error.
Metro Detroit Chevy Dealers Fan of the Game
Saturday, June 16
Woolly Mammoths vs. Birmingham Bloomfield Beavers (6-9), 7:05 p.m. (Gates open at 6 p.m.)
$15 Family Night Ticket includes:
- 1 Chevrolet Pavilion Party Patio Ticket
- 1 Dearborn Hot Dog
- 1 Bag of Better Made Potato Chips
- Unlimited Soft Drinks & Water
- Special Pre-Game Player Meet & Greet, Autographs
- Special Mascot Appearances by Buzz and Woolly
- Special Appearance and Photos with JJ, The Field General (Jimmy John’s Field’s famous resident bat dog)
- Balloon Makers from Fairytale Entertainment
PROMOTIONS: WCSX Classic Rock Saturday welcomes a Led Zeppelin Tribute Band, The Laughing Madmen, to play live music from the Dana St. Clair Stage in right center field. WCSX personalities will also be on site for the duration of the game.
Sunday, June 17
Beavers vs. Diamond Hoppers, 1:05 p.m. (Gates open at Noon)
PROMOTIONS: Sunday Fun Day celebrates all the Fathers out there for a nice Father’s Day BBQ;
- Early entrance at 11 am only for fans with Grandstand Ticket with BBQ included Grandstand Ticket with BBQ Included – Grandstand ticket price plus $15 for BBQ – 11 am seating
- BBQ available in party patio from 11 am to Noon. Party Patio Ticket with BBQ Included – $25 ticket with seating for BBQ and the game in party patio area – 12:15 pm seating; BBQ available in party patio areas from 12:15 pm to 1:30 pm.
- BBQ Menu – Pig Roast Buffet, Baked Beans, Corn on the Cob, BBQ Chicken Legs, Coleslaw, Potato Salad and Cookies. Unlimited soft drinks.