Unicorns Edge Woolly Mammoths, 5-4
June 30th, 2018
UTICA, Mich. – Jimmy Latona went 2-for-4 with a solo home run, while Dan Ward went 2-for-4 with an RBI as the Utica Unicorns (10-11) defeated the Westside Woolly Mammoths (10-9), 5-4, on Saturday night at Jimmy John’s Field.
RHP Jake Mayer earned his first win, throwing 5.0 innings, striking out two and allowing just one run.
Metro Detroit Chevy Dealers Fan of the Game
Sunday, July 1
Birmingham Bloomfield Beavers (9-11) vs. Westside Woolly Mammoths (10-9), 1:05 p.m. (Gates open at Noon)
Bark in the Park, presented by Happy Tails Learning Center
We are excited to be hosting our first Bark in the Park in 2018 at Jimmy John’s Field! Fans interested in catching the game with their four-legged friends will be able to purchase tickets and Pooch Passes for the Chevrolet Pavilion. You must be 18 years old to bring a dog and only one dog per adult is allowed. Anyone purchasing a Bark in the Park ticket for the Chevrolet Pavilion will need to sign a waiver, whether they have a dog with them or not, and they should bring it with them to the Bark in the Park Check-In table outside the main gates on the day of the game. The day will feature a pre-game dog parade on the field prior to the game.
- $25 Chevrolet Pavilion party patio ticket which includes one dog and a treat from Three Dogs Bakery
- $10 ticket Chevrolet Pavilion party patio ticket for an additional person not bringing a dog
Rules for Dogs:
- No dogs under six months of age
- No dogs that are aggressive towards humans or other dogs
- One dog per adult
- Dogs must be up to date on all current vaccinations
- Dogs must remain on a leash at all times
– Dog Cooling Stations (doggie pools, watering stations) – Left Field Patio
– Dog Potty Break Station (including turf and separate disposal placement) – Left Field Patio
– Food and Beverage for non-canine guests will be available in the Chevrolet Pavilion
– Frozen Dog Treats will be available for purchase!
– Live Photo Contest –Tweet a picture of your dog at the game using the hashtag #USPBLBarkInThePark and have your photo displayed on the video board throughout the game or between innings! Photo with the most likes and retweets by the end of the 8th inning will receive a prize from Happy Tails or Three Dogs Bakery!
– Best Trick – Sign your dog up for a time slot to do their best trick from 1:30pm-2:30pm in the Left Field Pavilion. The dog with the highest score (1-10) from the judge/judges will win a prize from Happy Tails or Three Dogs Bakery!