Woolly Mammoths Use Late Rally to Down Beavers, 9-6
June 13th, 2018
UTICA, Mich. – Ethan Wiskur doubled with the bases loaded in the bottom of the eighth inning to drive in the game-winning three runs, while Tyler Pagano hit a two-run home run to lead the Westside Woolly Mammoths (7-5) to a 9-6 win over the Birmingham Bloomfield Beavers (6-9) on Wednesday night at Jimmy John’s Field.
Picking up the win on the mound in relief was left-handed pitcher Mike McGee, throwing 1.0 inning and struck out two, recording the fastest pitch of the night at 94 miles per hour. LHP Joel Sharon earned his first save of the year, throwing a perfect ninth inning.
The Beavers scored six runs, on seven hits and committed one error, while the Mammoths scored nine runs, on eight hits and had four errors.
Thursday, June 14
Eastside Diamond Hoppers (8-4) vs. Utica Unicorns (4-8), 7:05 p.m. (Gates open at 6 p.m.)
PROMOTIONS: Thirsty Thursday, presented by Dave & Buster’s, continues to bring $2 Bud and Bud Light (12 ozs), $5 craft beer specials in the Short Hops Craft Beer Garden, and it’s Mardi Gras at Jimmy John’s Field.
The fan with the best Mardi Gras costume will win four tickets to a future game. Beads will be given out and there will be a Mardi Gras Mask Making Station for Kids!
Bourbon Street makes its way to the ballpark with food and drink specials!
– $5.00 Hurricane Daiquiri’s At the Right Field Picnic Bar
– $5.00 Traditional Cajun Gumbo Located at Big Bone BBQ
– $5.00 Beignets Located at The Sweet Spot
– $5.00 Cajun Shrimp Po Boys at The Philly Stand
– $5.00 Red Beans and Rice at Hacienda Mexican Southwest Foods Stand
– $5.00 New Orleans Hand Grenades at Back Stop Bar
– $5.00 Spicy Jalapeno Patron Margaritas located at the Patron Stand
The AAA Clubhouse will offer a Limited Menu featuring BBQ Shrimp, Etouffee and Jambalaya!
Friday, June 15
Unicorns vs. Westside Woolly Mammoths (7-5), 7:05 p.m. (Gates open at 6 p.m.)
PROMOTIONS: XFINITY Fireworks Spectacular and Blackjack the Border Collie will go airborne and catch some frisbees.
Saturday, June 16
Woolly Mammoths vs. Birmingham Bloomfield Beavers (6-9), 7:05 p.m. (Gates open at 6 p.m.)
PROMOTIONS: WCSX Classic Rock Saturday welcomes a Led Zeppelin Tribute Band, The Laughing Madmen, to play live music from the Dana St. Clair Stage in right center field. WCSX personalities will also be on site for the duration of the game.
Sunday, June 17
Beavers vs. Diamond Hoppers, 1:05 p.m. (Gates open at Noon)
PROMOTIONS: Sunday Fun Day celebrates all the Fathers out there for a nice Father’s Day BBQ;
- Early entrance at 11 am only for fans with Grandstand Ticket with BBQ included Grandstand Ticket with BBQ Included – Grandstand ticket price plus $15 for BBQ – 11 am seating
- BBQ available in party patio from 11 am to Noon. Party Patio Ticket with BBQ Included – $25 ticket with seating for BBQ and the game in party patio area – 12:15 pm seating; BBQ available in party patio areas from 12:15 pm to 1:30 pm.
- BBQ Menu – Pig Roast Buffet, Baked Beans, Corn on the Cob, BBQ Chicken Legs, Coleslaw, Potato Salad and Cookies. Unlimited soft drinks.