Game Suspended Between Beavers and Diamond Hoppers
July 4th, 2018
UTICA, Mich. – Skylar Mercado went 2-for-4 with a double and two RBIs for the Birmingham Bloomfield Beavers, and Eastside Diamond Hoppers’ Trey Bridis hit a solo home run in the top of the ninth inning with two outs to tie the score at 5-5 as the game was suspended after nine complete innings of play on Wednesday night at Jimmy John’s Field. The contest will be completed at a later date.
Bridis went 3-for-5 with that game-tying home run, and scored a run for the Hoppers. Tyler Tomaka threw the final 3.0 innings, allowing just one hit and struck out three. Kevin Whatley and Pat Adams each had two hits to pace the Diamond Hoppers.
Fans can still bid on the special jerseys the Beavers wore tonight up until Saturday, July 7. The USPBL will donate 50% of the proceeds to the Army Emergency Relief Fund. To bid on jersey, go HERE.
Friday, July 6
Westside Woolly Mammoths (10-10) vs. Eastside Diamond Hoppers (11-9), 7:05 p.m. (Gates open at 6 p.m.)
Promotions: Social Media Night
- MetroPCS Fireworks Spectacular
- Social Media Night to include prizes for top tweets using #YourSummerDestination and a scavenger hunt all throughout the game
- Fat Tire Friday, $1 off Fat Tire
- Prizes for tweets using #YourSummerDestination and posting selfies at merchandise store, with mascots, New Belgium Stand in the Short Hops Craft Beer Garden, Selfie Station in front of ballpark, Best photo of Fireworks on Twitter wins a prize from MetroPCS
Saturday, July 7
Rawlings Home Run Derby and All-Star Game, 5:30 p.m. (Gates open at 5 p.m.), There will be a 7-inning game immediately following the Home Run Derby
Promotions: WCSX Classic Rock Saturday / All-Star Game / Rawlings Home Run Derby
- Joe Fabulous Bad Company Tribute
- WCSX personalities and promotions team will be on site
Sunday, July 8
Utica Unicorns (10-11) vs. Westside Woolly Mammoths (10-10), 1:05 p.m. (Gates open at Noon)
- Sunday Fun Day with Princesses
- Princess Brunch (Tickets)
— Purchase a $25 ticket for the Princess Brunch, which includes a Left Field Patio ticket. Add $15 to any grandstand ticket to participate in the Princess Brunch as well. Brunch starts when gates open at Noon. Princess Brunch menu includes: Scrambled Eggs, Sausage Links, Potato O’brian, Pancakes, Fruit Salad , Grilled Chicken Caprese and Mini Cupcakes & Cookies.