United Shore Professional Baseball League Announces Host Family Program
February 22, 2015, ROCHESTER HILLS, Mich.—
Host Family Application – 2016
The United Shore Professional Baseball League (USPBL) today announced its Host Family Program and is currently seeking members of the community to sign up to host its professional athletes. Host families are a wonderful baseball tradition and vital to the acclimation of young ballplayers into their new communities. The USPBL is looking to establish a program that will be first-class and provide league players with suitable homes and families during their time in the USPBL.
Information on the Host Family Program:
• Players will be determined by May 21, 2016
• Players will range in age from 19-25.
• League policy is to pair 1 or 2 players per family. Never more than 3.
• Goal is to pair players without vehicles with a host family that lives as close to Jimmy John’s Field in downtown Utica, Michigan as possible.
• An ideal host family will live within a 15-minute drive to Jimmy John’s Field.
• An application process must be completed prior to being awarded a player.
USPBL players will be paid professional athletes working to achieve their dream of playing baseball at the highest level possible.
“The role of a host family is vital in helping players have a ‘home away from home,’ said Brian Berryman, Executive Director of Baseball Operations, USPBL. “The host family will act as their support system and be with them as they go through the grind of a professional baseball season.”
Host families will become part of the USPBL and each family will be given access to ticket blocks, family patio parties and discounts for all team merchandise and concessions.
Added Berryman: “The league is looking for great families to help these young men flourish during their time in the USPBL. Being a host family for our young men is a commitment from the USPBL and the community.”
Interested individuals are asked to contact Brian Berryman at 248-601-2400. Additional information on the league is available at: https://uspbl.com/. The USPBL will begin its inaugural first game on Memorial Day.